Mediation is the most prudent and pragmatic way to resolve business partnership disputes because unlike litigation, the mediation process is not adversarial but collaborative. Business partners that wish to move on and swiftly put the dispute behind them, or those who intend to dissolve the partnership to go their own independent ways can always benefit from mediation.
For a business person, there is no better deal than one where there are no losers and only winners. That is exactly what business partnership dispute mediation promises to both sides. Mediation begins with an affirmative approach that conflicts in business partnerships are normal, and they can be resolved by working along with each other rather than against each other.
How does Mediation Work to Resolve Business Partnership Disputes?
Business partnership dispute mediation will involve a professional mediator who does not take sides and objectively facilitates the resolution process for all parties to the dispute. The mediator would ideally have knowledge of the partnership laws, would be an excellent communicator, and have adequate experience in the area of business and commercial dispute resolution.
The mediator would not force the business partners to arrive at an agreement or make any unilateral or binding decisions during the process. Rather, they would work as a facilitator of productive and transparent engagement between the business partners to explore a mutually acceptable resolution to the conflict.
Mediation is a Win-Win for the Business
When the business partners in a dispute are committed to the mediation process and are willing to attempt a resolution through discussion, it is almost always beneficial for business. If the mutual trust and business relationship gets restored through mediation-driven dispute resolution, the partners can continue to work together, and the business emerges stronger in the end.
- Mediation does not cause an endless drain on the company’s resources in terms of litigation costs, and is much more affordable for everyone involved. The mediation process is swift and efficient, enabling the business partners to move on quickly and focus on their business rather than get sucked into a prolonged, adversarial legal battle.
- Unlike litigation, the mediation process maintains confidentiality. From a business perspective, it means that sensitive pricing information, marketing strategy details, technological knowhow, and future plans of the business do not get exposed in the open to the benefit of competitors.
- When the business partners manage to constructively resolve a dispute through mediation, it demonstrates to their employees, customers, financiers, and other stakeholders about their commitment to the interests of the business. It serves to preserve employee morale and set a positive example for everyone.
- Unlike litigation, business partnership dispute resolution through mediation will not only deal with the problems at the surface, but provide deeper insights into issues at the core of the dispute. It improves the learning curve for the partners involved regarding the root cause of the disputes, and helps them restore balance and operate more profitably for the future.
- If business partnership dissolution is the only option, mediation can prove to be the most effective way to facilitate the exit of one or more partners, without impacting the business continuance. An accomplished business mediator can help establish the partnership’s assets and liabilities status for a fair and amicable dissolution.
Hire the Trusted Business Partnership Disputes Mediators
At Advanced Mediation Solutions, our skilled mediators have extensive knowledge and experience in helping resolve complex business partnership disputes to the best advantage of all parties involved. For a complimentary consultation, call us at 856-669-7172 or reach us online.